Tuesday, September 25, 2007
We decided to brave the weather and take a little camping trip last week. There were two days of good weather stuck in between not-so-good days. We went to Cascadia State Park just outside of Sweet Home. It was beautiful; really cold at night; but, well worth the trip. The girls played in the river and caught a crawdad, tiny fish and a baby Garter snake.
This is my husband trying to warm up by the early morning fire. Doesn't he look like a camper-dude?
We were visited by a Spotted Owl who kept eyeing our dog until Mocha got up and the owl saw he was too big to carry off. He sat in a tree not 5 feet from us next to the picnic table. It was really neat.
It didn't rain on us this time!!!
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
The Name Game...Copied (with general permission of course!) from Paula at On A Rainy Night
The Name Game
1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car),
2.YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (fave ice cream flavor, favorite cookie),
3. YOUR “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name),
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal),
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born),
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first),
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (”The” + 2nd favorite color, favorite drink),
The Yellow Margarita
8. NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers),
9. STRIPPER NAME: ( the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy),
10.WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother’s & father’s middle names ),
And a few more…
11. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME: (Your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter),
12. SPY NAME/BOND GIRL: (your favorite season/holiday, flower).
13. CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now + “ie” or “y”)
14. HIPPY NAME: (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree),
15. YOUR ROCKSTAR TOUR NAME: (”The” + Your fave hobby/craft, fave weather element + “Tour”),
The Crochet Sunny Tour
16. YOUR WRITING PERSONA NAME: (The name your parents "almost" gave you + your Grandmothers maiden name)
'I don't know' Armon
Well that was interesting....
Went to the orthodontist yesterday. Had my wire changed and made impressions for a bite plate and inserted spacers around my bottom molars (ouch!). This bite plate is supposed to sit on my upper palate and open my bite. I get it and my bottom braces on in 2 weeks.
CurrClick Newest Items
CurrClick Hottest Items
Generate free worksheets at Homeschool Math Randomly generated and very customizable worksheets for basic operations with whole numbers, integers, decimals, fractions, and percents.